Full Time Clinician - Associate or Licensed
Inspired Life Counseling (ILC) is a small group private practice in Chico, CA. We will have an opening with an available start date on April 1, 2023 as one of our licensed therapists is ready to start her own solo practice.
At ILC we don’t just see clients and go home, we provide support, guidance, and mentorship. Grad school and agency work teach us to be excellent therapists, but no one teaches how to manage the business aspect of being a therapist. This is one of our missions at ILC and when a licensee is ready to put their experience to use, we support them and wish them all the blessings and good things while we look for the next therapist.
Full time is considered consistently providing 21 sessions a week, which means scheduling at least 25 sessions a week. That can be five people a day, five days a week, or 6 people a day four days a week. In this position we allow our therapists to schedule around their personal lives. If you have a child with an activity and need to consistently get off work at 2:00 on Tuesdays, we can work around that; if you enjoy sleeping in or being easy going in the mornings and want to start later and end later, we can accommodate that, too. In each room, we have one full-time therapist and one part-time therapist; so we ask that whatever your schedule is, it’s consistent. The consistency helps reduce client no-shows and cancellations and it preserves your working relationship and your income (remember those no-shows?).
The little perks to working at ILC include monthly office luncheons (optional, but the office buys!); healthy snacks and drinks in the break room to keep you sustained between clients; and a back door to enter and exit from for when you want to take a walk between clients; we have Mt. Shasta Spring Water to keep you healthy; and periodic office parties (last Spring was a murder mystery!).
When you’ve worked here three months, you can qualify for a 0% interest loan towards an EMDRIA approved EMDR training. We take 10% from your payroll for ten payroll cycles to pay it back. We do this because many referral sources in our community know about our specialty with trauma-informed care and EMDR, but we also understand this can be a barrier for new employees. It’s a lot easier to fill your caseload and keep you full when you provide EMDR, so we want to support you. And because all your colleagues are currently providing EMDR, when you’re new to the modality you have an entire staff to ask questions to and get help from.
After you’ve been employed here for one year we have various perks such as paid holidays, paid jury duty, and CEU stipends of $500 & $300 depending on license level.
For Associates we have group supervision on Wednesdays 10-12. If you’re a licensee, we have peer consultation group on Wednesdays 8:30-9:30 am. Both are required and you get paid to attend.
The offices are fully furnished, and there’s room to put your own personality in there. If you have décor that makes you feel comforted and comfortable to have in the space you can absolutely put your mark on your workspace.
For compensation structure, please see the images attached called How Finances Stack Up.
- Conduct biopsychosocial intake and needs assessment of individuals, significant others, and family members by testing, interviewing, observing and holding discussion sessions.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of therapeutic treatment programs for each client.
- Provide mental health services to individuals, couples, families, and adolescents utilizing attachment-focused and trauma-informed therapy strategies for improving relationships.
- Maintain accurate, thoroughly documented client records with a quality of documentation that meets facility and licensing standards.
- Have effective communication skills with colleagues, staff, and management.
- Attend weekly supervision/peer consultation group.
- Clock in and clock out daily.
- Abides by all BBS Laws and Ethics guidelines
- After three months of employment, clinicians are able to apply for a 0% interest loan from ILC to pay for EMDR training.
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Professional headshots
- Dedicated phone number provided
- 4 paid holidays after one year of employment
- Retirement (with office matching after one year)
- HIPAA compliant phone number and email
- Simple Practice account for scheduling, case notes, and telehealth
- Billers and office admin staff
- Thorough and comprehensive training
- Amazing colleagues with wonderful, collaborative personalities
- After three months of employment, clinicians are able to apply for a 0% interest loan from ILC to pay for EMDR training. We sign you up and pay for an EMDRIA approved training and then take a payroll deduction of 10% out of every paycheck for ten payroll cycles.
- Master’s degree or better from accredited university.
- Must have active registration or license in good standing with the BBS (AMFT/LMFT, ASW/LCSW, APCC/LPCC).
- Must be willing to maintain a consistent schedule (we will make that schedule flexibly around your needs, but then it needs to be reasonably consistent since clients usually need regular, recurring appts to avoid no-shows or last min cancels)
- Must already have EMDRIA approved Basic Training in EMDR or be willing to be fully trained within six months of employment.
Note from the owner:
I’ve created this business with a dream to provide a beautiful and tranquil environment for the people in our community to access care and (more importantly) for the clinicians to have a sense of serenity and peacefulness in their lives. I want them to walk into their offices and feel like this is their calling as they relax into their chairs. I want them to enjoy all the snacks and goodies in the break room because their boss realizes that all this emotional labor makes you hungry and keeping up your energy is important for good therapy and happy therapists. I want the people who work here to feel like they are compensated fairly so that the therapist earns a good income and the business can also support itself and can afford to provide perks and benefits. For this reason, I also take the whole staff to lunch on the second Wednesday of the month, my treat; for us to connect on a different level beyond ships passing in the night as we walk up and down the hall with our clients between sessions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $4,000.00 – $8,652.00 per month